Sunday, May 22, 2011

Helpful Elements of Writing

I’ve learned several different techniques to writing a successful paper. The most important is how to use narration and proper essay outline. Making your writing flow smoothly is very important for the person reading it. In my personal experience when I get confused because of wording I lose interest fast and realize at the end that I didn’t comprehend anything I had just read. When writing a narrative you should usually have a thesis in the beginning paragraph of your paper, and go in chronological order throughout the body of the narrative. Also using details is crucial in keeping people interested, you want to paint a picture in their head of what you are talking about. For example when writing about an important experience in your life you want the audience to be able to feel the emotion you are trying to get across. I also liked learning the proper way to use flash backs in your story so your reader doesn’t get confused about the time events. Then there was cause and effect which I didn’t realize how important it was to understand. There is always an effect to everything you do, so when explaining life events you use cause and effect to show what you did and the outcome.  When writing your conclusion you want the reader to completely understand what your point of the story was. For instance in the case of our first paper we want the class to have a better understanding of the person we are and events we’ve had in our lives. Those examples are just the tip of learning  to write a great narrative.

1 comment:

  1. I agreee that it's important for the reader to comprehend the essay. I think cause and effect is one of the biggest tools for helping the reader to understand the essay because it puts everything in a logical flow.

    ReplyDelete